If you are using Fedora Linux on your computer, it is very simple to connect a DSL Internet connection. This tutorial tells the procedure to add a DSL broadband connection to a computer having Fedora Linux. It is a GUI method and we do not need to go to terminal to complete the procedure. Steps are provided below.
Configure DSL On Computer Having Fedora Linux
- Go to desktop>Administration> Network
You can also reach network by typing the command system-config-network.
- On Network Configuration window, follow the steps below.
- Click on toolbar and select new
- It will open a new window Add new Device Type.
- Choose DSL connection and click forward
- Enter the ISP details including user name and password.
- Check Internet Connection
To check Internet connection on Fedora Linux, go to Network Configuration window.
- Select new connection window
- Click on activate
- Type ping google.com
If we receive reply, connection is working fine.
- Disconnect Internet From Fedora Linux
To disconnect DSL connection, click the Deactivate button from the network configuration window.
- Configure Broadband On Ubuntu Linux
- Resolve Getting 169.254.X.X (APIPA)Automatic Private IP Address
- How to Use Ping Utility