To see the step by step instructions to configure Linksys WRT54G router click on the link below.
How to Setup Linksys WRT54G wireless router
The steps to assign DNS address in Linksys router is:
Assign or chnage DNS address in Linksys Wireless router
The steps to assign DNS address in Linksys WRT54G router is:
1. Connect Wireless router to your computer using an Ethernet cable
It is very important to note that it is better to connect your computer with wireless router using an Ethernet cable while changing any settings on your wireless router.
Make sure that your computer and the router are powered on.
2. Open browser and type the router IP address
On the address bar of your Internet browser type the router IP address. The default router IP address is 192.168.1.1
3. Enter the user name and password
Enter the user name and password set for your router when it prompts. The default user name and password is:
User Name: --- [No user name]
Password : admin
4. Enter the DNS addresses provided by your ISP
On the basic setup page under Setup you can see two lines for DNS1 and DNS2.
You should enter the DNS entries given by your ISP.
If there any default DNS address present you can remove them and enter the correct address provided by your ISP.
After entering the DNS entries click on Save Settings. To learn how to configure Linksys Router click on the link below: How to Setup Linksys Wireless Router.
1. How to setup Links Range Expander WRE54G
2. How to setup Linksys Wireless Camera WVC54G
3. How to setup Linksys Wireless N Router WRT160N
4. How to setup Wireless Access Point as Access Point Client