1. You can keep showing search results in your website
2. You can specify the websites to pick search result
3. It is free as Standard Edition (You should display Google ads to compensate it)
4. It is so easy to implement
I have created a Google custom search engine for my website by limiting the number of websites from which the data can be picked to one (mine). The steps to create Google custom search engine for your website is:
1. Click on the link to create Google custom search engine
2. Fill the Setup page details
Now you will see a page like below.
Here you need to do following things.
1. Write a name for your custom Search Engine
2. Describe your Search Engine
3. You can select your Search Engine language from the list given
4. Now you can select how do you want your Search Engine
5. Enter the URL of the websites from which search result will be picked
6. You need to select the edition of your custom search engine.
If you are selecting the Standard edition you can use it for free. As a compensation you should display ads before the search results in your website. You can avoid this ads by paying Google for the service. Before click next ,you should accept Google TOS.
Now you will get a preview page and you can check the functionality of your custom made search engine.
After checking the result you should click finish. Now Google will send a confirmation mail to your gmail account with details where you can check the integration code.
The Google custom Search Engine Integration code is a Java script and it is easy to integrate on your website.
1. How to Increase Google Crawl Rate in my website
2. How to Disable Gmail chat for a network
3. How to Set latest Post title as Feed title in feedburner