How to know your website is infected by Malicious script or virus
You can check your website is free from virus or not by some simple steps. Here I am specifying some steps to check whether your website is infected with malicious code or not.
1. Check whether your Internet Security Suit block access to your website
I am using the home version of Avast in my computer. Avast blocks access to the infected website with following alert.
Like Avast, most of the Internet Security software block connection to an infected website. It will alert you that the website you are trying to connect is infected.
2. Try to Access a website via Google- Google block infected site
Google periodically checking all the websites whether it is malicious one or not. If one website is infected, Google will show you an alert "This website may harm your computer" with the Google Search result of the website.
3. Check whether Firefox block your website
Firefox and other browsers block connection to an infected website. If you try to access an infected website, you will get following message.
4. Check in Google Webmastertools to know malware infection
Google webmaster tools shows the details about the infection in your website. If your website is infected, right after login to Google webmaster account itself you can see the following alert.
You can find which pages are infected in your website by clicking More Details link. You can take this information to remove infection from your website. It is recommended to check Google webmastertools every time to check any possible malware infection in your website.
5. Online Website Scanners to check infection
There are some online tools to scan your webserver for possible malware infection. If you check in Google you can find a lot of information about it.
Read my Next Article to know how to remove infection from your website.
1. What is Smurf attack & how to prevent it
2. Denial of Service (DOS) attacks - tutorial
3. Increase the speed of your Broadband connection without pay more
4. How to Find the Location of your Yahoo Messenger Friend
5. How to Upgrade Firmware in my router