Opening a port is required most times when you are playing with Xbox 360 console (To play with Xbox you need to open port numbers TCP 80,UDP 88, UDP 3074, TCP 3074, UDP 53,TCP 53 ports), multi user games where communication is through a specific port which is blocked or any network programs which communicate to other computers via an unregistered port etc. In this tutorial we can see the steps to open any port in a Windows 7 computer.
Steps to Open a Port in Windows 7 Firewall
1. Click on Start
2. Go to Control Panel ( View by Small icons or Large icons)
3. Click on Windows Firewall
4. Click on Advanced Settings
Now Windows Firewall with Advanced Security page will open.
5. Click on Inbound Rules
6. Click on New Rule
Now you will get a window which let you open any port or program through Windows Firewall.
Now select Port and click next.To open any Port in Windows Firewall, follow the instructions.
1. How to Turn Off Indexing in Windows 7 Computer
2. How to Check Virus Infection in a Website
3. Regedit is Disabled by your Administrator