If you are using HDFC bank for online transfer of money to another account, you should add the beneficiary details (account number and other details of receiver) first. Then you should wait till HDFC enable the new beneficiary for fund transfer. After they enable the beneficiary you can start transferring money. The time to enable beneficiary account depends on the bank policy (right now it is 12 hours). It is important to note that there is a maximum number of beneficiary registration for each type of fund transfer in HDFC bank (Currently it is 50 beneficiaries per each type of transfer). This article is about deleting a no longer needed beneficiary from your HDFC netbanking account.
Steps to Delete a Beneficiary from HDFC Account
- Login to HDFC Netbanking account
- Click on Third Party Transfer
- Click on View List of Beneficiaries on the left hand side
- Select the Transfer type and click View
- Select the beneficiary and click delete
- Now you need to confirm the deletion of beneficiary