Start Telnet connection to Netopia wireless router
First connect your computer to the LAN port of the Netopia router using an Ethernet cable and power on the router. If you are using a Windows computer, it is easy to access Netopia router using telnet connection. Follow the steps below to access the Netopia router setup page.
1. Click on Start
2. On Run Command type telnet 192.168.1.1
If you are using Windows 7 computer, you may need to enable run command in start menu.
How to enable Run Command in Windows 7 Start Menu
3. Now the Netopia telnet logon window will be opened.
Setup Netopia Wireless Router for DSL Internet connection
Now the configuration of Netopia Wireless Router is:
1. Configure DSL in Netopia Wi-Fi router
On the telnet screen you should select Easy Setup and press return to bring DSL Line configuration page in Netopia configuration menu.
[In telnet session to set change to a selected item press enter.]
Enter the VPI and VCI numbers provided from your Internet Service Provider. All other details are the default settings if your DSL provider said anything else.
2. Configure WAN and LAN IP address in Netopia Router
In this step you can change your WAN IP and LAN IP in Netopia Wireless router.
Here if you want to use NAT for Netopia router, you should make sure that Address Translation is enabled (better it is enabled if you are planning to connect multiple computers in the network.)
If you are using the dynamic IP address from your Internet Service Provider better keep WAN IP as 0.0.0.0. In the same way if you are using DHCP leave the LAN IP as 0.0.0.0
3. Local Networking in Netopia Router
Netopia router settings are:
Netopia Router Login IP :192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
4. Enable Password protection for Netopia Router
Last step is create a password for Netopia Router to protect it from unwanted access.
Now you should restart Netopia Router. When the device is back we can start using it to share the DSL connection among multiple users.
1. How to Setup Motorola Cable Modem
2. Setup Belkin Wireless Router
3. How to setup Linksys Wireless Router WRT54G
4. How to configure D-link WBR-2310 Wireless Router
5. Configure Internet in BSNL Teracom Modem