1. By pressing the repair button in network connection status
2. From command prompt
These two steps are discussed below.
1. Repair IP Address from GUI
To repair IP address from GUI follow the steps below.
1.Double click on the network icon on the system tray
Now network connection status window will open.
2. Click on Support tab
3. Click on Repair button
Now the computer will start repair your IP Address.
2. How to Repair IP address from command prompt
To repair IP address from the command prompt follow the steps below.
1. Click on start
2. For Windows XP : Click on run and type cmd and press OK.
3. For Vista: type command on search box and press enter
4. On the command prompt type the following command and press enter.
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
The format is c:\ netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
After pressing enter you need to restart your computer. After restart the IP address of your computer will be repaired.
1. There is an IP address conflict on your computer - fix
2. Ping gives hardware error - reason and fix
3. ICMP error - Destination host unreachable