Requirements to use Tor Proxy in your computer
In order to use Tor proxy in your computer you need Firefox browser. Using Tor button extension we can toggle the status of Tor Proxy to either on or off.
Known Issues with the Tor Proxy
Some times Google ask me to enter captcha to continue use Google while browsing via Tor Proxy. Though it happen rarely this is an issue I see in Tor Proxy. Some other issues are Tor Proxy disables the sue of Java , Flash, Active X etc. So most of web media players won't work if you are on Tor Proxy. Tor disables Java, Flash and all for the security reasons. These features can find the actual IP address of a user and Tor disable them for providing at-most anonymity. You can enable Java and Flash in Tor by compromising security.
Best Practice with Tor Proxy
1. Keep two browsers -one for Tor proxy and other for normal browsing
2. I use portable Firefox which comes with Tor Proxy
So I can use my normal Firefox for normal browsing and portable Firefox for anonymous browsing.
Where to Download Tor Proxy
You can download Tor Proxy from their website.
I really thanks the Tor Proxy developers for their hard work and make it free for normal users like me.
1. Detect SMS sending Trojans for Smartphone
2. View saved user name and password from Google Chrome
3. View Saved user name and passwords from Firefox browser
4. How to unlock Windows Vista Administrative account
5. How to increase Broadband Speed