1. You have a DSL connection and DSL modem is connected to router
2. Your computer is connected to router
The fist steps in troubleshooting
1. Go to command prompt try the following commands
2.If you are not getting reply from google server try to ping the global dns server. The command to ping global dns server is:
Now we have two chances either you got reply or no reply. Here I assume you have received the reply from the global dns server.
What if I cannot get replies from global DNS server
So the issue can be concluded as follows: You are able to communicate with dns server but cannot communicate with a website(eg: corenetworkz.com). The reason for the issue is wrong dns settings on your computer. To fix the issue we need to assign correct dns settings on your computer by following the steps below.
1. Click on start
2. Go to control panel
3. If your control panel is in classic view click on Network Connections
4. Right click on your respective Local Network or Wireless network icon
5. Click on properties
6. Select Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)
7.Clcik on the properties button
8. Now select the following option" Use the following DNS server address"
Now the Prefered DNS server address should be 18.104.22.168
The alternate DNS address is 22.214.171.124
9. Click on OK
Now try to go online by opening your web browser and type www.corenetworkz.com.