DWL-2100AP is an Access Point from D-Link and this tutorial explains steps to convert DWL-2100AP in to Access Point Client. When DWL-2100AP is configured as wireless client, it can receive Internet from main Access Point and share it among the devices connected to it using Ethernet cables. At the end of this tutorial you can see a list of common troubleshooting steps to fix common issues faced while connecting DWL-2100AP in wireless client mode.
How to Convert D-Link DWL-2100AP as Wireless Client
- Connect DWL-2100AP to Computer
Connect D-link AP to your computer using an Ethernet cable and power on the device. Make sure your computer has a static IP address. Eg: 192.168.0.3
- Login DWL-2100AP
Login IP address of DWL-2100AP is 192.168.0.50. Open web browser and type 192.168.0.50 on the address bar to access setup page of DWL-2100AP.
- Enter Username and Password
Use admin as the username and there is no password.
- Configure DWL-2100AP as Access Point Client
Now follow the procedure below to convert DWL-2100AP to wireless client.
- To convert D-link DWL-2100 AP as Access Point client, click on Wireless tab in the left hand side of the Home Page.
- Select the mode as AP client
Enter the Wireless MAC address of the main Access Point from which this AP receives wireless signals. If you do not know the wireless MAC address of the main AP, you can find it with the help of Scan button here. Click on scan button(Under Site Survey) for available Wireless Access points. You will get a list of available Access Points.
- Enable Wireless security on DWL-2100AP
We need to to match the Wireless security settings of the AP client with root Access Point.
After entering the security settings click on Apply.
- How to Configure D-Link Access Point DWL-2100AP
- Setup D-Link DWL-2100AP As Wireless Range Expander
- Convert D-Link DWL-2100AP AS a Wireless Router
- How to Convert Wireless Router in to Bridge
Common Issues While Connecting DWL-2100AP as Wireless Client
- It is important to use a computer having static IP address in the network range 192.168.0.X while connecting DWL-2100AP to configure. The IP address of the computer cannot be 192.168.0.50
- It is always recommended to use latest version of firmware on DWL-2100AP
- While connecting main AP as wireless client, it is important to use a different IP address for DWL-2100AP if the main AP has the same IP address to avoid IP address conflict
- While converting DWL-2100AP to Access Point Client, you must connect it to your computer using an Ethernet cable