Steps to configure WAP54G as Wireless client
To configure WAP54G as Wireless client follow the steps below.
1. Access the web-based setup page of WAP54G.
To Access the setup page of WAP54G we need to connect AP (Access Point) to a computer where computer has a static IP address. Open a web browser and type 192.168.1.245 and press enter.
Now it will ask for a user name and Password
User name: These is no user name and it should be blank
Password : admin
2. Setup the Access Point mode in setup page
After log in to the setup page of WAP54G click on AP mode under setup tab.
We need to select the AP client mode and the enter the wireless MAC address of the remote AP. If you want to find the wireless MAC address of the remote AP from the setup page itself click on the button site survey. The MAC address will be fetched automatically.
After entering the details click on save settings.
Note: Please note that after configuring the AP in wireless client mode the AP's MAC address should be in the same subnet of LAN where the computer is connected.
1. Setup Linksys Wireless N Router WRT160N
2. Setup Linksys Wireless G Router WRT54G
3. Setup Linksys Range Expander WRE54G
4. Cannot go online - Basic Troubleshooting Steps