Advantage of using Ad hoc networks
1. Ad hoc networks don't need any central devices like router, switch etc
2. No need to fear whether central device fails or not
3. Power control is also an advantage
How to connect to an Ad-hoc networkTo connect your computer to an ad hoc network follow the steps below.
1. Doble click on the wireless utility shown on the task bar.
The utility should look like this with a wireless symbol but varies from products to products.
2. Select the available wireless networks in range
You can see the option in the utility window like view available wireless network or site survey etc.
Select the SSID (Wireless network name) of the adhoc network you want to connect and click connect button.
3. Enter the wireless settings
If the adhoc network is security enabled you need to enter the wireless key on the window when it prompts.
After entering the security details click on connect button. Now your computer will be connected to the adhoc network.
Save the Ad hoc network on your computer
To save the connected adhoc network on your computer will make it easy when next time you want to connect to the same network. To perform this you can click on save button on the utility window.
After click on save button ,the connected adhoc will be saved to the profile page(saved wireless network page) on your computer. Next time it will automatically connect to the network without doing all the steps done here.
To learn how to configure Linksys Router click on the link below: How to Setup Linksys Wireless Router.
1. Cannot go online - basic troubleshooting steps
2. Router is working but no Internet through modem