So it is understood that every computer which connects to the Internet should know the DNS server address. There are many DNS servers available including your ISP's DNS server. Here I am presenting the steps to assign Open DNS in Ubuntu linux.
To know the stpes to assign DNS address in Windows computer click on the link below.
How to configure DNS address in Windows computer
Assign Open DNS in UbuntuThe steps to set open DNS in Ubuntu are:
1. Right click on the network symbol
You can see the network icon on the right hand top of the screen.
2. Click on the Edit Connection
3. Now the active network connection window will be opened.
If your computer is connected with an ethernet cable you will get the standard name eth0.
4. Select the connection and click on Edit button
5. On the Edit window click on IPv4 Settings tab
Now on DNS Server enter the Open DNS addresses.
The Open DNS addresses are :
Now click Apply and reboot your computer.