Recover Lost Router Password
Unfortunately for Routers belongs to standard Small Office Home Office devices category, there is no lost password recover procedure like high end routers. So practically we cannot recover the lost password and save the current router settings. Though we have a set of standard steps to troubleshoot this issue.
1. Check for the previous router password
In this step we should try to pick the previous router password from either memory or from any written documents. For an average user, there is a chance that he may write down the router password in his diary or other some papers.
2. Try default user name and password to login router
Some times the user may never change his default router user name and password. So it is worth to try the default user name and password to login his router. Default user name and password is the different combination of admin.
Try the following combination
1. Try both user name and password as admin
2. User name is admin and left password field blank
3. User Name is blank and password is admin
3. Reset Router Settings
If the above two options won't work, the last one is reset and reconfigure your router. To know the steps to reset your router click on the link below.
How to reset a router
After resetting the router you should reconfigure the router to get your Internet connection back. To do this check the link below.
1. Configure D link Wireless Router
2. How to configure BSNL Teracom Modem
3. Setup Belkin Wireless Router
4. Setup Linksys Wireless Router in PPPoE
5. Configure Linksys Wireless Range Expander
If you have a router from different manufacturer, follow the user manual to configure the router better.