Steps to Setup Motorola Cable Modem SB5100 Series for cable broadband
Important points we need to remember before connecting Internet to Motorola Cable Modem are:
1. Proper connection with computer
2. Registering your modem with cable broadband service
Connect Motorola Cable modem with computer
There are two ways we can connect Motorola cable modem to your computer.
i. By Ethernet cable
ii. By USB port
For more information about the connection check the image below.
Set Internet connection to your Cable modem
To set Internet connection to your cable modem, you should sign up with a local cable Internet Service Provider. You should register your cable modem MAC address to access Internet. MAC address is the unique permanently burned physical address of your cable modem and it is the one which is used to register your modem with the Cable broadband provider.
If you are facing issues with going online follow the steps in the link below.
I am getting reply from modem but cannot go online
1. How to check the connectivity issues in your Local network
2. Setup Belkin Wireless Router
3. How to setup Linksys Wireless Router WRT54G
4. How to setup Links Range Expander WRE54G
5. 16 Useful Windows 7 Tips and Tricks - Tweaking Windows 7 Computer