When you activate Idea GPRS or 3G Internet on your Android phone, your phone will receive the automatic settings. However, sometimes you may need to configure the Access Point and GPRS settings for Idea (both GSM second and third generation) connection manually on your Android phone. In case if you delete the previous configuration, it is better know how to setup the same settings again by yourself. A wrong Access Point Name can stop you from accessing their mobile broadband service. Otherwise after deleting the existing APN for Idea 3G or GPRS you may need to re-insert the SIM again to get automatic settings from them. If you know the manual configuration steps, you can avoid that hardware procedure.
Steps to Configure Idea 2G/ GPRS/ 3G in Android
- Click on Applications
- Go to Settings
- Click on Wireless and Networks
- Click on Mobile networks
- Go to Access Point Names (APN)
- Create New APN (you can get this option by pressing left button)
Now we can see a list of parameters which we need to fill in order to activate 3G or gprs. The values for Idea GSM connection are provided below. It is a must step to activate Idea Internet on your Android phone.
- Name : Idea gprs
- APN : internet
- Proxy : < - not set - >
- Port : < - not set - >
- Username :< - not set - >
- Password :< - not set - >
- Server :< - not set - >
- MMSC :< - not set - >
- MMS proxy :< - not set - >
- MMS port :< - not set - >
- MCC :404
- MNC : 19
- Authentication type: none
- APN type : default, supl
- Steps to Activate Idea 3G on Android
This is the manual settings every types of mobile broadband connections. If you are looking for steps to activate data connection, follow the steps provided in the link below.
How to Activate Mobile broadband on your mobile phone
- How to Recharge Idea 3G on a Handset
To recharge Idea 3rd Generation data plan on your Mobile handset, either you can recharge with the specified amount or you can recharge for your data service from your existing balance. To recharge from your existing balance, follow the steps below.
Dial *150* 107# to get 300MB 3G Bundled Usage valid for 30 days Dial *150* 199# to get 600MB 3G Bundled Usage valid for 30 days Dial *150* 249# to get 1GB 3G Bundled Usage valid for 30 days Dial *150* 348# to get 1.5GB 3G Bundled Usage valid for 30 days Dial *150* 448# to get 2GB 3G Bundled Usage valid for 30 days Dial *150* 595# to get 2GB 3G Bundled Usage valid for 60 days
PS: Idea may change the tariff plans and to get the correct plans, click on the link below. If you are not using the latest plan to recharge, they may send invalid request error.
- How to Check The Remaining Idea 3G Data Balance
Idea often don't send alerts of remaining data balance and it is possible to continue the Internet usage even though the data balance is over. In such cases, Idea 4G deducts money from the main balance. To avoid this situation, you must check the remaining data balance irrespective of Idea 4G, 3G or 2G. To check the remaining data balance ..
- Just like what we did for Idea gprs, to configure BSNL gprs on your Android phone, click on the link below.
How to Configure BSNL GPRS on Android Phone
- Here we discussed the steps to configure Idea 3rd Generation Internet on your Mobile handset. Do you want to know what is the difference between 2G and 3G ? To know the difference between various GSM technologies, follow the link below.
Speed differences in 2G, GPRS and HSDPA
How to Activate Idea 3G Broadband and Get Latest Plans
For Idea to migrate from 2G to 3G, we do not need to change the SIM. All we need to do is activate 3G and get Internet setting from Idea. To activate 3G broadband on Idea, follow the steps below.
- Make sure Your Mobile Phone supports 3G
If you are not sure whether your handset is 3G compatible, type "CHECK" and sms to 12345 (without ""). This number is toll free number.
- Send SMS "ACT3G" to 12345 (without "")
Now you will get a confirmation message from Idea about the status of the 3G activation process.
- Configure 3G Internet setting from Idea in handset
To configure Internet settings in your mobile phone, type "SET" (without "") and sms to 54671 (toll free number).
How to get latest 3G Idea Internet Plans
To get latest 3G Internet plans, dial *147# and follow the instructions provided by Idea.